This is to inform that the CBDT has issued a detailed circular in the context of Tax Deduction at Source on Salary Income vide Circular 8 of 2013 dated October 10, 2013.
The Circular, inter alia, provides guidelines on the following:
· Computation of Income in context of salaried employees
· The manner of deduction of tax at source, including the rates of TDS
· Due dates for deposit of Tax Deducted at Source
· Due dates for filing TDS Statements
· Issuance of Form 16 to the employees
The Circular, as above, is attached along with this email to enable you to comply with the requirements of the exact provisions of the Act.
You are also advised to:
· Report correctly the PAN and TDS amount in the Statement, which helps the taxpayer in claiming correct TDS Credits besides generating correct TDS Certificates
· Verify the contents of TDS Certificates as downloaded from TRACES before issuing the same to the taxpayers
Please note that filing of the TDS Statements within the due date is mandatory to avoid Late Filing Fees under Section 234E of the Income Tax Act, which is applicable @ Rs. 200 per day of the delay.
For any further assistance, you can also write to ContactUs@tdscpc.gov.in or call our toll-free number 1800 103 0344.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide the best possible services to you.
CPC (TDS) TEAM