Maximum Limit of deduction under section 24b
These limits of deduction are applicable assessee wise and not property wise. Therefore if an assessee owns two or more house property then the total deduction for that assessee remain same.
1) In Let Out Property/Deemed to be Let Out – No maximum limit
2) Self Occupied House (SOP) – Rs. 2,00,000. (1,50,000 for A.y 2014-15 and before)
In the following cases, the above limit of Rs 2,00,000 for Self Occupied Home shall be reduced to Rs. 30,000
– Loan borrowed before 01-04-1999 for any purpose related to house property.
– Loan borrowed after 01-04-1999 for any purpose other than construction or acquisition.
– If construction/acquisition is not completed within 5 years from the end of the financial year (3 years till the financial year 2015-16) in which capital was borrowed. For example, a loan is obtained for construction/acquisition on 28 Oct 2011 then the deduction limit should reduce to Rs 30,000 if the construction/acquisition completes after 31 March 2017.